During the past 30 years Stephen has gained a diverse range of skills in the financial, accounting and property sector through his association with some of Australia’s largest and most recognised property and development companies. Having commenced his career as a Chartered Accountant for KPMG, Stephen joined a leading Australian listed property company and has been in the property development arena ever since. His experience in the property industry has been across a variety of fields in the commercial, residential, hotel/leisure and retail sectors. Relevant experience includes development, acquisition, disposal, due diligence and strategic advice including full commercial management of major joint venture arrangements and projects.
In addition to this, he has gained extensive involvement in negotiating appropriate project funding and structuring as well as managing total development outcomes from inception to successful fruition.
Stephen has direct access to current industry leading development finance structuring, delivery knowledge and execution capability. This experience has been acquired in both the private and public sectors. Stephen has held senior executive, director and Board positions in the Property development where he has managed multi million dollar businesses, delivering successful projects under a wide variety of commercial structures.
Currently, Stephen is the Principal of Bauenort Pty Ltd, where he has taken the experience gained in conceptualising, facilitating and delivering some of the largest and commercially successful developments in the industry and formed a team of likeminded individuals capable of undertaking a variety of property development projects, including residential, commercial and retail.
Bauenort’s philosophy ensures its collective intellectual property in development management, financing, marketing, planning and design is effectively applied to projects to maximize returns. This ensures they leave a legacy of great spaces to live or work in.
Bauenort’s purpose is to provide innovative strategic thinking that delivers creative property solutions ensuring commercially rewarding, environmentally sustainable and socially responsible outcomes.
Recent Projects include:
- Yarra’s Edge, Docklands: $2billion gross realisation comprising 2100 apartments and 10,000m² of mixed use area.
- Botannica, Richmond: $260million gross realisation comprising 70,000m² office space.
- Tribeca, East Melbourne: $240million gross realisation comprising 428 apartments and 12 retail outlets.
- Melbournian, St Kilda: $200million gross realisation comprising 232 residential apartments and mixed use areas.
- Crown Towers, Gold Coast: $130million gross realisation comprising 132 hotel apartment rooms, 116 apartments and various retail areas associated with the hotel.
- Sandhurst and Sanctuary Lakes
- Wellington Street: $21million gross realisation comprising 86 apartments as part of the Nation Building housing affordability scheme.